Author Topic: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!  (Read 249123 times)

Offline Ross

• New user!
    • My Blog
Re: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!
« Reply #825 on: November 16, 2011, 06:33:05 AM »
Hello.

I bought it yesterday...

It is amazing.

Test rode it up the F3 and then back down to Hornsby. Ok you don't change gears like you do on an airhead. Don't have to book an appointment to change gears with this bike. Open throttle and it goes. Boy does it.

Old Pac as far as Mt White then onto F3. Love the torque this engine has. Old Pac was a breeze with this engine. F3. Well the halfwit in the Urban 4x4 shitbox found you do not play games when I can pull the trigger on this bike and be gone in a flash. I LOVE THIS BIKE.

From henceforth it shall be known as "El Lobo"

"Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window."

Offline jub jub

• New user!
« Reply #826 on: December 01, 2011, 10:53:48 AM »
Howdy. Name here is John. I live in Warner Robins Georgia. Just recently bought a second hand 2004, 1200 Bandit. It's my second. I bought a new one back in 99 and sold it 3 years later. I really liked the bike so I wanted to get another one and I'm glad I did.

So, that's about it. Ya'll carry on!  :beers:

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #827 on: December 01, 2011, 03:01:12 PM »
Just recently bought a second hand 2004, 1200 Bandit.

:welcome: to the site....

We need pics....   :thumb:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline jub jub

• New user!
« Reply #828 on: December 01, 2011, 05:43:22 PM »
Just recently bought a second hand 2004, 1200 Bandit.

:welcome: to the site....

We need pics....   :thumb:

Here ya go!  :bandit:

Offline roadracejoe

• New user!
« Reply #829 on: December 07, 2011, 01:37:47 PM »
Hi im Joe, im from Northern Ireland and ride a 1250 streetfighter version of the bandit, an XJR1300SP Yamaha and XT660X Supermoto Yam  :motorsmile: 

Offline jub jub

• New user!
« Reply #830 on: December 09, 2011, 09:28:27 AM »
Hey Joe. Welcome to the forum. :welcome: Lot's of good info on the Bandit to be had here.

Post some pics when you get a chance.

Offline roadracejoe

• New user!
« Reply #831 on: December 09, 2011, 11:36:18 PM »
tried to post a pic but it says file is too big ! :annoy:

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #832 on: December 14, 2011, 06:08:31 PM »
Hey roadracejoe,

The forums are set up to allow an attachment size of 192kb (this is for pictures and everything) or you can link to a picture. 

The idea was to not grow the database size to something astronomical, so that it would stay managable, because we don't typically purge posts (I feel they're important for anyone else searching for the same problem or solution) and so that the forums don't slow down too much.   

It also stops us having to wait forever for a thread to load then scroll and scroll and scroll and.... when someone post a pic straight from their high end camera.  :grin:

Otherwise, welcome, and hope so see some (resized) pics from you soon.
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline SS Adrenaline

• Board Regular!
« Reply #833 on: April 02, 2012, 10:46:29 PM »
Hello to all, this is one of my first posts on this forum.  I so far have two bikes.  A 2006 Suzuki GS500F and a 1988 Honda CB450S.  I do want to get a GSF400 to be part of my collection.  I will not get rid of any of my bikes.  I love them all.  I now have a hard task of finding one where I live.  Im in Canada, Manitoba and I think this bike will be rediculous to find but Im still going to give it a shot.  Any suggestions on what to looks for if and when I ever find one?
Cheers

Offline munkymoto

• First Post! Be Gentle!
Hello
« Reply #834 on: April 08, 2012, 03:55:12 PM »
I recently purchased my 2003 1200s, and am looking forward to putting some miles on since it is more comfortable than my 2001 SV650.

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #835 on: April 09, 2012, 01:39:27 PM »
Hello to all, this is one of my first posts on this forum.  I so far have two bikes.  A 2006 Suzuki GS500F and a 1988 Honda CB450S.  I do want to get a GSF400 to be part of my collection.  I will not get rid of any of my bikes.  I love them all.  I now have a hard task of finding one where I live.  Im in Canada, Manitoba and I think this bike will be rediculous to find but Im still going to give it a shot.  Any suggestions on what to looks for if and when I ever find one?
Cheers

Hey, since these bikes were a rare bike when they were new, it's really a matter of prowling around everywhere, and always.  We sold one 2 years ago, it took us about 2 weeks, as I recall, and it was the first person who'd looked at her.

Prowl all of the "papers" - kijiji, buysell.com etc.   And if you really really want one, be prepared to travel some for it.

As for what to look for, best thing to do is live in the 400/250 forum and see what's coming up as issues.
the Ignitor was a problem, people scrapped a lot of these little bikes over it, but a lot of the ones you find now will have had the original problem sorted.

The frustrations I had were with the charging system and the first year was with the carbs, because I didn't store her right.  Nowadays all of our bikes get a half can of Seafoam before they take their winter nap and I have no issues whatsoever getting them started.

Any carb issue you can think of for the GS will be magnified, because the GSF has 2x the cylinders and 40% ish the size of the cylinders means that the jets and needles have no forgiveness for dirt or anything else clogging them.

Edit: Oh yeah!!  :duh:  and I almost forgot:   :welcome: to the Alley!

stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline SS Adrenaline

• Board Regular!
« Reply #836 on: April 09, 2012, 02:10:28 PM »
Hello to all, this is one of my first posts on this forum.  I so far have two bikes.  A 2006 Suzuki GS500F and a 1988 Honda CB450S.  I do want to get a GSF400 to be part of my collection.  I will not get rid of any of my bikes.  I love them all.  I now have a hard task of finding one where I live.  Im in Canada, Manitoba and I think this bike will be rediculous to find but Im still going to give it a shot.  Any suggestions on what to looks for if and when I ever find one?
Cheers

Hey, since these bikes were a rare bike when they were new, it's really a matter of prowling around everywhere, and always.  We sold one 2 years ago, it took us about 2 weeks, as I recall, and it was the first person who'd looked at her.

Prowl all of the "papers" - kijiji, buysell.com etc.   And if you really really want one, be prepared to travel some for it.

As for what to look for, best thing to do is live in the 400/250 forum and see what's coming up as issues.
the Ignitor was a problem, people scrapped a lot of these little bikes over it, but a lot of the ones you find now will have had the original problem sorted.

The frustrations I had were with the charging system and the first year was with the carbs, because I didn't store her right.  Nowadays all of our bikes get a half can of Seafoam before they take their winter nap and I have no issues whatsoever getting them started.

Any carb issue you can think of for the GS will be magnified, because the GSF has 2x the cylinders and 40% ish the size of the cylinders means that the jets and needles have no forgiveness for dirt or anything else clogging them.

Edit: Oh yeah!!  :duh:  and I almost forgot:   :welcome: to the Alley!

Does this mean that you can get a new ignitor nowadays for these bikes if it becomes an issue?  All of my equipment is carb so Im not worried about how to store them or clean them.  Thanks for the great info.  I will be looking very hard to find one.  Even though its a rare bike It still isnt as hard to find parts for as my cb450s.  I might actually be selling it because of this.  Everything is great on it but there always that thought that if somethings goes wrong Im boned.  I put it up for $2500 and I have 30 peopleinterested that will give me full asking price. Weird, I wouldnt have thought it would go for that much but it seems well liked.  I would love to put a wanted add up in the bandit section but It wont let me, I guess I dont have enought posts yet.
Also thanks for the welcome, great forum.

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #837 on: April 16, 2012, 05:26:33 PM »
Does this mean that you can get a new ignitor nowadays for these bikes if it becomes an issue?  All of my equipment is carb so Im not worried about how to store them or clean them.  Thanks for the great info.  I will be looking very hard to find one.  Even though its a rare bike It still isnt as hard to find parts for as my cb450s.  I might actually be selling it because of this.  Everything is great on it but there always that thought that if somethings goes wrong Im boned.  I put it up for $2500 and I have 30 peopleinterested that will give me full asking price. Weird, I wouldnt have thought it would go for that much but it seems well liked.  I would love to put a wanted add up in the bandit section but It wont let me, I guess I dont have enought posts yet.

I don't think you can get a new one, some of the regularly required parts share with other common suzukis, so you're in luck there. There are take off ignitors floating around though.  Sometimes you'll see them posted in our for sale section, or when someone's parting a bike.  Also, a number of people have figured out how to fix the common problems they have.  There are write-ups, again in the 400/250 section. (This is part of the reason I never delete the past posts.  I'd rather have a huge database than have information lost to people joining us fresh.)

Off topic a little:  I would strongly recommend getting your parts from a non-Canadian "dealership" source.  Suzuki Canada just doesn't stock parts.  Dita ended up with a Honda RR on her, so that I could keep her o the road one summer.  The common refrain I heard from the Suzuki dealers here was: "6 weeks from the factory after they make it"   :yikes:  And this was for things that shared with current or very recent model gs500s and Gixxers.

What was the message that you got when trying to put the ad up?  I didn't think that we'd limited that forum, but I might just have forgotten.  I do that a lot these days.  :banghead:
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline SS Adrenaline

• Board Regular!
« Reply #838 on: April 16, 2012, 07:00:34 PM »
 :beers:

I don't think you can get a new one, some of the regularly required parts share with other common suzukis, so you're in luck there. There are take off ignitors floating around though.  Sometimes you'll see them posted in our for sale section, or when someone's parting a bike.  Also, a number of people have figured out how to fix the common problems they have.  There are write-ups, again in the 400/250 section. (This is part of the reason I never delete the past posts.  I'd rather have a huge database than have information lost to people joining us fresh.)

Off topic a little:  I would strongly recommend getting your parts from a non-Canadian "dealership" source.  Suzuki Canada just doesn't stock parts.  Dita ended up with a Honda RR on her, so that I could keep her o the road one summer.  The common refrain I heard from the Suzuki dealers here was: "6 weeks from the factory after they make it"   :yikes:  And this was for things that shared with current or very recent model gs500s and Gixxers.

What was the message that you got when trying to put the ad up?  I didn't think that we'd limited that forum, but I might just have forgotten.  I do that a lot these days.  :banghead:

There was no message.  I couldnt even find a new post button to try.  There is up on kijij in Calgary a 94 gsf400 with low millage for $2000.  I would so buy it but Im 2 provinces over and dont have time to drive 14 hours to get it.  I wounder if they would hold on to if for a bit for me untill I go out there.  I dout it though.  Well back to searching.  Thanks for the posts.

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #839 on: April 16, 2012, 09:17:10 PM »
K,.. I think it should be fixed.  Go ahead and try to post your wanted ad again.
Is there anyone you can contact near there to check it out?
It never hurts to ask if they'll hold it.
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390