Author Topic: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!  (Read 251424 times)

Offline SS Adrenaline

• Board Regular!
Re: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!
« Reply #840 on: April 16, 2012, 10:29:42 PM »
K,.. I think it should be fixed.  Go ahead and try to post your wanted ad again.
Is there anyone you can contact near there to check it out?
It never hurts to ask if they'll hold it.

Ohh wow thanks its working now.  I placed my wanted add.  I dont have anyone that knows anything out that way about bikes.  I will ask but Im not going to hold my breath.  Thanks for your help stormi.  Cheers bro.

Offline banditjohn

• Board Regular!
« Reply #841 on: April 17, 2012, 05:39:10 AM »
OK I've been lurking for a bit but I thought I'd better say hi to one and all, I run a 1200 Bandit which was a k6 but found the right colour code fairing and changed it to the sk6. I know there's a lot of folks that prefer the naked but if you've got some miles to get under your belt having it stops your head from being ripped off. Not a lot more to add other than I'm from Wickford Essex in the UK and I love the bike to bits, be lucky and ride safe :motorsmile:

Offline sandy klock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #842 on: April 18, 2012, 09:43:12 AM »
welcome to the alley;  I like my faired b12, never thought bout stripping her down naked.  sandy  guess its more function over form tipe of thing.   :welcome:
Fast? yes I'm fast, like a tortoise

Offline Schneeky

• New user!
  • Communicate & Adapt
« Reply #843 on: May 19, 2012, 09:57:40 AM »
..Hey guys.. I'm Trader Jake from Southport, NC. Been riding big V twins most of my life, but got an interest in something a little "peppier" when I got the GF a lil Yammi Maxim X 700 to start on. Not the best choice for her as it turns out (ended up with a Savage 650), but I had a blast fiddlin' with it. Always felt like it needed a skosh more "ooomph". Got to searchin and it came down to a Yammi FZ1 or a Bandit. Went with a 2002 Bandit 1200S over a more evenly spread power/torque band and all I can say is "HOT DAMN!!!"  :thumb:

..It's got quite a few upgrades on it already, but lookin forward to further mods. Mostly wanna turn it into an "old man" version of itself with higher windscreen and more laid back seating arrangements. Lawdy knows it's plenty fast for this old coot as is.  :grin:

..Anyways, I'm self employed and have time to ride pretty regularly. Mostly short runs and daytrips. If anyone's in the area or headed this way c'mon by. I run the Southport Bed & Boathouse. It's very bike friendly and there's cover, tools, and room. Be seeing you cats around..  :bandit:  d:^)  Schneeky..
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 10:18:52 AM by Schneeky »
2002 Bandit 1200S
2001 Intruder VL1500LC

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #844 on: May 19, 2012, 06:04:44 PM »
Hot Damn is right... seven years later and I still think the same thing.

:welcome: to the site - glad you found us.

I got a chuckle out of your avatar.... :rofl: ("Quit makin' with da' negative waves, man.")
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline Schneeky

• New user!
  • Communicate & Adapt
« Reply #845 on: May 19, 2012, 06:52:12 PM »
Hot Damn is right... seven years later and I still think the same thing.
 :welcome: to the site - glad you found us.
I got a chuckle out of your avatar.... :rofl: ("Quit makin' with da' negative waves, man.")
Good to know. I don't see that "hot damn" feelin gettin old anytime soon. But I will hafta make his rig a little less of a "ballcrusher" prior to any lengthy trips. So far any heavy braking at all has me singing soprano. Lookin forward to mods that will enhance "comfortablity" of this rig. Any links to such threads will be mucho appreciated.

Thanks for the warm welcome.. Oddball has been a hero of mine since way-back-when.  :trustme: d:^)   Schneeks..
2002 Bandit 1200S
2001 Intruder VL1500LC

Offline China Greg

• Board Homesteader!
  • Tighten it 'til it Loosens then back-off 1/4 turn
« Reply #846 on: June 20, 2012, 10:31:44 PM »
Hi Banditos... I'm China Greg..(used to live in China, now back in NY State)... checking in again after a long absence.

I've had two B12's, both 1st Generations. The more recent one now has about 85K miles.. does everything from Coast-to-Coast to trackdays most admirably. J&E 1216cc pistons, port job, Ivan carburetion (I have his prototype needles.. one of a kind!)..Yosh can, Wave rotors, braided lines, Racetech Goldvalve, Hyperpro springs and a Hyperpro shock, polished wheels, a cut-down Corbin seat and a dandy little sport luggage rack when I need it. LOVE IT!

I have a question for you B12 owners.. maybe someone could direct me? I'm getting a  steady, "grindy" vibration that I think is coming from the alternator. Actually, I've tried TWO alternators, the second off Ebay.. both had the vibration but it was significantly different. The clutch basket gears look fine... and I don't suspect trans bearing damage.

Anyone have problems with ND alternators vibrating?
Could someone direct me where to discuss this in the Forum?
THANKS!!! Nice to be back!

Black '98 B12S, JE 1216cc bore kit, port work, Yosh RS3, Ivan jetting, drag bars, modified Corbin Gunfighter, Hyperpro shock, Racetech Gold valve kit, stainless lines, Wave rotors, polished wheels, fender eliminator, bar-end mirrors, NEP throttle lock, Adaptiv TPX radar detector...140K miles

Offline CBR51

• New user!
« Reply #847 on: June 25, 2012, 11:35:47 PM »
Hello all! my names Chris and im 20 years old. I just purchased a 2000 Bandit 600s as my first bike.

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #848 on: June 26, 2012, 12:39:00 AM »
Hey Greg, Welcome back!

And Hi Chris, Welcome!  Great choice for a first bike. 
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline falcon57

• New user!
« Reply #849 on: June 26, 2012, 12:42:00 AM »
Hi, all.  Back when air was new I owned a GS1100.  Reading up on Bandits because the motor is the same.  Got a line on a garage queen 1200 with less than 7k miles.  Its a 2000.  Any advice on what to look for BEFORE buying?  If I buy it, I plan on riding this bike till either it gives out or I do.  

Thanks, jerry

ps GREAT SITE!

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #850 on: June 27, 2012, 12:49:29 AM »
hey falcon57,  my only recommendation is to be very mindful that the power of a bike today is a lot different than the power of a bike from Yesteryear.  Even if it's the same engine, I'd hazard a guess and say it's pushing its weight around a little differently.  Definitely take some time to get to know it before you treat the throttle like it's an on off switch.

Otherwise,  :welcome:.  I hope you enjoy participating here.
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline falcon57

• New user!
« Reply #851 on: June 27, 2012, 01:25:46 PM »
Be wise with speed; a fool at forty is a fool indeed.
Edward Young

Stormi, I'm wayyyyyyyy past 40.  Thanks for the reply
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 01:29:50 PM by falcon57 »

Offline GSX-R1100

• New user!
« Reply #852 on: August 16, 2013, 10:05:14 AM »
This is my first Bandit and its a 400... I have several old GSXR's, 86 750 and 1100, 91 750 I also have an FZ1 and a ZRX   

but I got lucky today... I had a line on a bandit 400 was planning on paying $500 it was in nice shape but the owner had no title, hasn't ran in a few years and I looked in the tank and was like no way forget it... It was almost dark and I told her nahhhh I just don't know maybe a hundred and then I recanted and said no Im going to pass... Then she said I have no way to haul it and if its that bad will you just haul it away for me.... so I never look a gift horse in the mouth... and said sure So I got it home and did a little cleaning but I need advice on the tank???

I hooked up a jump box and all of the electrical works, and drained the oil and its nice and thick. the carbs are frozen, I'm just hoping no water has gotten it to the motor.

Thanks Craig

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 10:25:35 AM by GSX-R1100 »

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #853 on: August 16, 2013, 11:13:25 AM »
 :welcome: to the site....  You'll find tons of 250/400 info here.   :thumb:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #854 on: August 17, 2013, 01:14:41 AM »
:welcome: to the site....  You'll find tons of 250/400 info here.   :thumb:

Agreed!!  The only thing is, some of our 250/400 people are a little shy, and often don't poke their heads out of the 250/400 forum.  You might get more answers in there... :)
http://forums.banditalley.net/index.php?board=20.0
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390