Author Topic: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!  (Read 251403 times)

Offline Ken Hill

• Board Regular!
website
« Reply #705 on: February 11, 2009, 10:19:05 AM »
Forgot to post our website in my intro, here it is  www.rt68salesandservice.com

Offline Beth

• First Post! Be Gentle!
Re: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!
« Reply #706 on: February 17, 2009, 05:50:49 AM »
Hey All,

I've been lurking for a while so better introduce myself- just bought my '96 Bandit 600. It's the second Suzuki I've owned but the 1st that needs some TLC. I got her home on Saturday and started taking her apart on Sunday! Few minor mechanical things to sort out and then just cosmetic touches to finish, seems to be loads of useful info on here so should stand me in good stead.

B :grin:

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #707 on: February 17, 2009, 01:30:37 PM »
Welcome Beth

A good site with some great people and tons of info. I hope you like it here.

:welcome:
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline ernz83

• New user!
« Reply #708 on: March 19, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »
hello bandit alley

The name's Ernie.  Been on the site for a lil while now just searchin and reading.  I have a 96 bandit 600 ( my first bike ).  I love this bike. 

when I first bought her

as she sit right now

still some work to finish on her as you can see.  Looking foward to postin up.   :thanks:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #709 on: March 20, 2009, 11:34:41 AM »
 :welcome: Ernie!  Looks like it's cleaning up nicely!
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Skreemer

• New user!
« Reply #710 on: April 22, 2009, 02:40:58 PM »
Hello all... I've been riding for a bout 4 years now on a progressively beastly '83 GS550e. I've finally decided to step up and get a "big" bike.
RabidWolf has let me ride his '07 B1250 and I decided that's what I wanted for a next bike as I commute and plan on touring on it...

Here's my saga about the buying experience.

After going round and round with the salesman and the financing guy at Chicago Cycle Center I bought a left over '08 GSF1250S AKA The Suzuki Bandit. (that's the sort version skip to pics)

Long version:

A few weeks ago I call a Suzuki dealer in Iowa... I get the bikes are real popular and they are "flying out of the store". I ask about what kind of deal they can make me and I get started at MSRP of 8299 and they start laying on the fees. Thanks but no thanks. RabidWolf bought his from a dealer in Chicago and didn't do too bal I figured I'd give them a call. The sales guy quoted me over the phone a price of 7500$. I figure that's a good number to work from so I take the 180 mile trip from Dubuque to Chicago.

I convince my folks to go with me and we talk to the sales guy. We agreed to the 7500$ I let em know I had 5500$ to put down and we turned it over to the finance guys... The Finance guys were having a hard time convincing the new bank Suzuki is going through to finance me. In the mean time I had gotten approval to finance a Ducati Multistrada 1100ST, a Yamaha FZ1, and a new Kawasaki Concourse 1400... Similar bikes but not what I wanted... I've been down this road before and settled for something I didn't want and ended up with 5 years of payments on a Saturn Vue... If I'm spending this much I'm not settiling for anything but what I want again. So I leave the dealership disappointed.

The following Monday I get a call that one of the local credit unions will finance me no problem. Awesome, I get the VIN and set up insurance on the bike. Here's where things go funny. I can't get the sales guy to give me any hard numbers over the phone... Nothing on monthly payments, or interest ratres, or even the amount to be financed. I hadn't signed anything yet or put down any money so I figured if I went to look at worst I'd walk away with nothing and spend the weekend with my folks (we had found a damn good jewish bakery).

End of the week and back at the shop I sit down and the sales guy slips me the write up sheet. The bike is priced at 9900$, whoa, hold on there what the heck happened this needs to be fixed. He took back to the numbers guy and brought it back to me, 8500$. Again whoa hold on... that's MSRP, if I wanted to pay MSRP I would have just bought it in Iowa and saved myself the trip all the way out here to buy the bike... Third time the guy comes back and magically the price of the bike is 7299$, all the fees aside from document fees and TTL are gone. I add a three year extended warranty (which includes roadside assistance, and one free tire per year) and bring the monthly payments to 140$ a month...

I got to ride it to my folks place... and on Sunday I loaded in my truck and brought it back to Dubuque....

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #711 on: April 22, 2009, 03:35:23 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:  Nicely done and Congrats!!!

BTW -  :welcome: to the site!!!!!   :beers:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #712 on: April 22, 2009, 03:55:25 PM »
 :congrats: and  :welcome: Skreemer!

Hope that's the last time your bike takes a ride!  :bandit:

A couple of my favorite m/c stickers:

Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Skreemer

• New user!
« Reply #713 on: April 22, 2009, 06:03:48 PM »

I simply MUST have that sticker...

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #714 on: April 22, 2009, 06:21:16 PM »

I simply MUST have that sticker...

You can get 'em at Aerostitch:
http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Stickers-and-Magnets-p-1-c-298.html
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Heaven Bound

• Board Homesteader!
  • Crash Test Dummy
« Reply #715 on: April 23, 2009, 12:32:07 PM »

Good color for a great bike.  Hope you enjoy the ride and welcome to the forum.
Paul D.
04 GSF1200S (Charcoal Grey)
...TRASHED

My Other Digs Bikers4Christ     Listen to KLOVE online or find a station near you.

Offline Dink_1170

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #716 on: April 23, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »
Skreemer you may recognise a few people around here; Congrats.

Dink
Old enough to know better, young enough not to care!!!
07 Bandit1250S - "Bonnie"
85 GSX1100EFF - "The Tractor"
82 GSX1100SZ - "Kitty"
82 GSX750SZ -"Lil Kitty"

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #717 on: April 23, 2009, 08:44:21 PM »
After going round and round with the salesman and the financing guy at Chicago Cycle Center I bought a left over '08 GSF1250S AKA The Suzuki Bandit. (that's the sort version skip to pics)

:welcome::congrats:

That's one fine bike there.  I'm particularly fond of the blue. hehe.

I got the OEM Racks, side and top cases with mine.  I've been very happy with the top case, except it sits a little too far forward.  The side cases are ok, but not as waterproof as the top case.  If you touring you'll be thinking about that I'm sure.  Have fun and stay safe!

Oh, another two things you may want to buy are a touring shield, (several threads about those) and Mirror extenders (unless you like looking at your elbows).  I bought them both from Holeshot, mainly because I was impressed with their service and the fact that Dale, the owner is so personally involved on many Bandit forums. 
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
« Reply #718 on: May 25, 2009, 11:34:32 AM »
Derek  from the city of Southampton, Hampshire, UK, about 80 miles from south west of The UK Capital, city of London.

I own a Bandit 400, (See my first post on 'Introduce your bandit' 400 forum, on 25.05.09 about 3:40am) (Uk Time.)
I been riding since, May 1997  I only ride for FUN, As I Don't need it for work.

Great site  :thumb:

:thanks:  for the Welcome  Stormi and Mick 77

I've yet to post some pictures, I believe a Hosting site like Photobucket or Imageshack will able me to do this.

Spent TOO long on the Web, Got to get in the garden and do some work :annoy:
Not on the :bandit:, But need to as the MOT has run out, Therefore can't ride, :motorsmile: Till i do

Derek  Unique  Back soon.

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
« Reply #719 on: May 29, 2009, 04:49:21 PM »
Derek from Southampton again, I know this forum is for introduce yourself. Although I thought a picture of my 1989 Bandit 400 Jap import would be a good idea.  :shrug:

See more on: Model Specific-Bandit 250 & 400 / Introduce your Bandit,
Pictures on: Reply no 96 and  Mods on: reply no 91