Author Topic: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!  (Read 249164 times)

Offline kewwig

• New user!
Re: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!
« Reply #780 on: February 02, 2010, 04:30:32 AM »
Hey all

Carey here from NZ.  Got myself a GSF1250SAK8, red, with a load of extras already fitted:

-Stebel Nautilus horn
-Heated  grips
-European sourced factory touring screen with the spoiler
-Factory Lower fairing
-Fenda Extenda
-Scottoiler
-Yoshimura TRS slip-on
-BMC Air filter
-GiPro ATRS gear indicator/timing retard eliminator
-Hugger
-Givi V46 top box with brake light kit
-clear "bikeskinz" protector film on high wear areas

My third bandit (Gen 1, Gen 2 and now the 1250), and bike no. 21.  Best bike yet and I like the added security of ABS in the wet.  Just need to get some Givi V35 side cases and it's done!

Offline tink

• New user!
Do'h! Tink already screwed up
« Reply #781 on: February 08, 2010, 06:28:16 PM »
Do'h!  :duh:

Perhaps I should have posted this here > http://forums.banditalley.net/index.php?topic=12361.0

TINK
 :banghead:

Offline charredremains

• New user!
« Reply #782 on: April 19, 2010, 06:01:48 AM »
  Hey everyone, just got my first Bandit  :thumb:. A 1997 bandit 1200s. Completely stock, with 70k kilometers on the clock. It's been meticulously maintained and perfect running order. Traded a guitar for it so I think I made out pretty good. The high mileage didn't scare me as I also have a 1986 GSXR1100 with 80k on the clock, runs like a champ and still scares the b'jesus outa me. I've been on this site non stop since I got the bike reading up on everything. A lot of great info and helpful people and I look forward to hanging around for awhile.

Mike

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 04:15:51 AM by charredremains »
1982 Honda CB900f
1986 Suzuki GSXR1100
1997 Suzuki Bandit 1200S

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #783 on: April 19, 2010, 10:11:32 PM »
Welcome and  :congrats:

Enjoy the Ride!
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline mud390

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #784 on: April 21, 2010, 11:44:27 AM »
Hey everyone!  Another new guy here.  I just found this site after doing a quick little search for some on info on a new to me 1991 Bandit 250 I picked up.  Clean little bike with 11,xxx kilometers on the clock.  I don't have much seat time on the bike yet, but so far it's fun.  I'm located in Japan, so the sizing is perfect for around here.  I'll have to get a couple pictures of it when the weather clears up.  I'm sure I'll be asking tons of questions in the very near future.  Until then, hello!

Kris
1991 Bandit 250

Offline skeithp

• New user!
« Reply #785 on: May 03, 2010, 09:38:29 AM »
Introduce myself......ok,....here goes.... :bandit:

My Name is Scott Pearce, 39 years old, work as a maintenance mechanic at PGW (Automotive glass manufacturer) in Tipton, PA.  I've lived in Tipton (PA) (DUHH!), Media (PA), Overland Park (KS), Millington (TN), and Mountaintop (PA), working for various outfits in a maintenance/control technician role.

Married, to Terri Pearce, with three little riders: Scott Jr (13), Dionna (10), and Abby (7).  Everyone here likes to go on Daddy's bike when I head out somewhere!

Started riding with an '82 Suzuki GS450L, then went to an '82 Suzuki GS850GL (Oh, how I wish I had kept that bike!).  I then bought my '92 Suzuki bandit 400 new in '93, with 1/4 fairing and tank protector.  Some lowlife stole her when I went on vacation for a week to get married in June of '94.  I got her back, but she was never the same.  Sold the bandit when we started a family in '96, but got the itch in '99 when we moved back to PA.  Bought a '99 Suzuki 1400 Intruder then  (Do you detect a pattern of brand I prefer yet?)  Moved on to an '89 Yamaha Venture (Only because I could not find a decent Cavalcade!) for the wife's comfort on rides.  Sold the Venture in '03 to concentrate on the family's boating life (we do alot of jetskiing and waterskiing), but this year the itch returned, and besides, now the kids are old enough to want to go with dear ol' dad!  So I originally started looking for an early 80's GS850GL or GS1100GL, but came across a good deal on an '81 Honda CB900 Custom.  Two weeks later, I picked up my current 1992 Bandit 400.  So to clarify all this, I currently have a 1981 Honda CB900 Custom and a 1992 Suzuki Bandit 400.

I live in Tipton, Pennsylvania, as I have for the last 11 years.  We have some four wheelers also that the family likes to take out on local poker runs from time to time.

Oh well, that's me in a nut shell.....I'm done now, you can go back to your regularly scheduled lives.... :clap:

:motorsmile: :motorsmile: :motorsmile:
Scott K. Pearce Sr - Tipton, Pennsylvania, USA

1981 Honda CB900 Custom (Candy Muse Red)
1992 Suzuki Bandit 400 (Red)

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #786 on: May 03, 2010, 02:33:38 PM »
 :bigok: welcome Scott & Kris  :welcome:

I'm sure you'll enjoy hanging out at this site. Lots of good info stored around the site. Hope you enjoy it.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #787 on: May 05, 2010, 12:03:09 AM »
Welcome both of you!     :welcome:

Hate to hear Scott had to leave TN, should have been here in Middle Tennessee last weekend, especially if you love boating.   :yikes:
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline stick

• First Post! Be Gentle!
« Reply #788 on: June 06, 2010, 10:27:26 PM »
Hi. New to biking and to the forum. I picked up a red '91 Bandit 400 about 2 months ago with 38k kilometers. Finaly got it from where I had it parked to my place in SLave Lake, AB. Well worth the wait! Been out just a few times so far and had a blast! Looking forward to runing across Alberta and eventually across Canada.

Mike

Offline Dean

• Board Regular!
« Reply #789 on: June 17, 2010, 05:17:39 PM »
I figured my 1st post should belong here:

Just picked up my 1st Suzuki yesterday, a '97 Bandit 1200s with 31,158kms at time of purchase. This is also my 1st sport tourer. My experience up to now has been cruisers, the last being a '98 ACE Tourer. Only one inline 4 owned in the past (early '80's Silverwing), after that its all been twins. It needs a little TLC but nothing I'm not willing to provide in this case.

I'm not an all year around rider and prefer fair weather ... or at least not raining. Being from North Burnaby (Vancouver-ish), BC, CA this can be difficult at times (this year is a good example) as I'm still waiting for this cold spring to end and summer to start ... I think next Tuesday is pushing it for this region as an official kickoff to summer.

I'm back after a 5yr hiatus (the ACE was stolen and I wasn't doing much riding at that time as it was so I waiting on replacing it. I had a young son at the time and most of my free time was spent with him. Now he's near 7 and I have a bit more free time).

I'm planning on being a bit more 'hands-on' with this bike and make a few modifications. I'm looking forward to sifting through all the info already here and I already have a hand full of queries that need to land in the right spot (this not being it).

Obligatory picture (with less than 5 of my own KM's on the bike):

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #790 on: June 17, 2010, 07:59:42 PM »
 :welcome: Welcome to the site Dean  :welcome:

Always good to see another BC Canuck here, thought we are a long way apart. Cargo7 here is from N. Burnaby, near Metrotown, and he and I try to get together a couple of times a year. I'll keep you in mind.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #791 on: June 18, 2010, 12:00:33 PM »
 :welcome: Dean!!

I thought the Silverwing was a the touring version of the Honda CX500/650 twin though (as shown below), not an inline 4.   :stickpoke:

Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Dean

• Board Regular!
« Reply #792 on: June 18, 2010, 01:20:00 PM »
I stand corrected then :) I thought it was on the CB not the CX chasis. Its been 20ish years along with my hair my memory also fades away. Other than the trunk, this is what I had, it just came with the saddle bags when I got it (used).

Offline Dean

• Board Regular!
« Reply #793 on: June 18, 2010, 01:21:23 PM »
:welcome: Welcome to the site Dean  :welcome:

Always good to see another BC Canuck here, thought we are a long way apart. Cargo7 here is from N. Burnaby, near Metrotown, and he and I try to get together a couple of times a year. I'll keep you in mind.

Thanks, I'm always happy to join others on trips when I can slip it into the family life schedule.

Offline rhithyn

• old git-in-training
  • New user!
« Reply #794 on: August 02, 2010, 04:29:22 PM »
Hey Folks!

I just recently bought the 2010 GSX1250FA... when people ask what kind of bike, I say "it's the Bandit with the GSXR fairing"...

I'm living back in Vancouver after a year in Montreal... I've been riding for only two and a half years now, started out on a 650 V-Strom, had a '91 GSX1100G in Montreal and now my new blue baby.

I'm not afraid to twist a wrench once in a while (the '91 G got me over my fears) and would love to find farkles for the new bike, but being it's a european/canadian model, not a lot can be found  :annoy:

I bought the new bike just over three weeks ago and already have put 1500 kms on it in my spare time... Just loving it!

Here's a picture of the new baby (without the bags):

Looking forward to any tech talk or meetups!