Author Topic: Introduce your Bandit  (Read 148799 times)

Offline Cyanide

• TURBO TYPER!
Introduce your Bandit
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2007, 12:11:21 PM »
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"
hum says V but looks to be a normal 400 motor and not the V cheers nice bike

It's not a VV model, it just had no stickers on when I got it and the only ones I could find were the V ones  :duh:

Offline SHEPPO

• Board Regular!
Introduce your Bandit
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2007, 07:50:50 PM »
My bandit:

B250, 45hp version, bone stock. 31,000km, Japan import.

Black frame, tank and tail, silver/bronze coloured rims.

Plans are to clean it up, leave it as is, and save up for a big bandit when i'm off restrictions.

that said, i'm in the process of designing up a twin headlight conversion to give it a more streetfighter look.
Sheppo..

1990 Black Bandit 250 - stock (at the moment)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Introduce your Bandit
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2007, 09:13:37 PM »
Quote from: "SHEPPO"
My bandit:

B250, 45hp version, bone stock. 31,000km, Japan import.

Black frame, tank and tail, silver/bronze coloured rims.

Plans are to clean it up, leave it as is, and save up for a big bandit when i'm off restrictions.
that said, i'm in the process of designing up a twin headlight conversion to give it a more streetfighter look.

Interesting :motorsmile:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline SHEPPO

• Board Regular!
Introduce your Bandit
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2007, 01:53:19 AM »
yeah leave it as is, as in no modifications to the motor, exhaust, intake, etc. it's only a 250 and it'll never be fast enough to warrent the $$$ spent on modding it.

in under a year i'll be off restrictions and then it's big bore time, and that means i've gotta get saving for the new bike! so no money for mods to the B250.

GSXR-1000 2002mdl is appealing to me at this moment, good for track days!
Sheppo..

1990 Black Bandit 250 - stock (at the moment)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Introduce your Bandit
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2007, 01:20:12 PM »
Quote from: "SHEPPO"
GSXR-1000 2002mdl is appealing to me at this moment, good for track days!

Another interesting one , ever riden one? let alone on a track I have no plans my self to ever race one do a track day on one and yes i have ridin a few on the street and track and FOOOOOOOOK let me tell you they are scary. 600 is plenty for anyone and a good all around bike.
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Introduce your Bandit
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2007, 03:04:45 PM »
Naaa... you need a 1000 on the street so you can beat all those Bugatti Veyrons& McLaren F1s in the 0-60 races.  :wink:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
Introduce your Bandit
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007, 08:34:22 PM »
GSXR-1000 2002mdl is appealing to me at this moment, good for track days![/quote]

A buddy just got rid of his Aprillia Mille track bike because it was way too much and got a DRZ 400sm for the street and a 05 GSXR 600 for the track instead. Really, unless you're last name is Spies, Mladin or Biaggi, you'll never get everything out of a literbike on the street or the track.

Before you think he's some rich schmoe, he's a track day nut and had a prepped SV before the Mille (got the Mille for like 7k) and had more fun on less HP. You can only go so fast in a corner...

Offline sukizuki

• Board Regular!
  • Let's go Mr Driver
Re: Introduce your Bandit
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2007, 08:21:04 PM »
hello everyone :grin: Just bought a Bandit 400 , in a few boxes , needing a lot of work  :wink: I've not got a garage or the knowledge to fix the thing (yet)  :lol: Oooooooo did I mention I don't know how to ride one yet or if I'm big enough (I'm kinda wee)  :duh: :lol: :lol: but looking forward to trying to get this thing on the road and making it look a bit better  :taz: Let you know how it goes , but I'm guessing it's going to be slow, but I want to do this >>  :motorsmile:  :lol: :lol:

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2007, 08:31:41 PM »
Just bought a Bandit 400 , in a few boxes , needing a lot of work...I've not got a garage or the knowledge to fix the thing...I don't know how to ride one yet

You have a lot of ground to cover!  I would like to know more about how you decided on getting a bike that needs repair, since you are not yet a rider.  A very interesting path you chose...
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2007, 12:28:20 AM »
You have a lot of ground to cover!  I would like to know more about how you decided on getting a bike that needs repair, since you are not yet a rider.  A very interesting path you chose...

I been there and done that. It's slow and sucks. Once you're done, take it to a mechanic to get it all checked over... safety first. The bandit 400 has one of the lowest seat hights I've seen. I'm sure you could lower it further if really required. Good luck.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline sukizuki

• Board Regular!
  • Let's go Mr Driver
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2007, 08:57:05 PM »

Easy to explain- I'm not rich  :lol: - My BF is a bike mechanic, and going to teach me most of it, nice eh?? When I decided I wanted to ride a bike, I thought I would be better off knowing what's what and how things work, so I know how to maintain and run it properly. Hopefully I'll enjoy it. The whole CBT and Test is a different matter  :lol:

I been there and done that. It's slow and sucks. Once you're done, take it to a mechanic to get it all checked over... safety first. The bandit 400 has one of the lowest seat hights I've seen. I'm sure you could lower it further if really required. Good luck.

:grin: Thanks for stating about the whole saftey thing - But as I said above ^^^ The BF is a bike mechanic, and a stickler for things like that (I'll propbably be wrapped in bubble wrap, when I eventually get on the bike)  :lol: :lol: - But  :thanks: for saying about the seat hight - It's something I'm worried about - as all other bike's I've tried are just too big - If this doesn't work I'll be learning how to make a chopper  :taz: :taz: :lol:

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2007, 09:14:04 PM »
Just for my personal edification I have a question. What is the acronym BF, boy friend or best friend?  :popcorn2:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 09:22:57 PM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2007, 09:19:06 PM »
When I decided I wanted to ride a bike, I thought I would be better off knowing what's what and how things work, so I know how to maintain and run it properly. Hopefully I'll enjoy it. The whole CBT and Test is a different matter  :lol:

:welcome::congrats: on your purchase.
One quick question though:
Did you buy a fixer-upper car and and rebuild it before you learned to drive?  :lol:

:clap::beers: to you for wanting to learn the mechanical aspects of motorcycles anyway.  :bigok:
(Most of what you learn will apply to anything with an engine, so it's all good.)

Some of us here are old enough to remember that's how you HAD to be to be a rider of even a new bike. Fortunately, those days are behind us. Most of us would much rather ride than wrench.  :motorsmile:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2007, 09:19:31 PM »
BF generally means boyfriend in england

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2007, 09:47:00 PM »
Oh yeah, I remember now I saw it on a TV commercial about texting messages where the phrase "My BFF Jill" = "My best friend Jill". So BF = boy friend. Oh crap, I have to go punch out my neighbor!

BF generally means boyfriend in england