Author Topic: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!  (Read 251400 times)

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!
« Reply #660 on: August 07, 2008, 02:58:43 PM »
Welcome Stocksj!   :welcome:

What model bike with ABS did you by?  '08 or '07?
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline Darkcloud

• Board Regular!
« Reply #661 on: August 07, 2008, 08:59:41 PM »
Hello,
My name is Larry and I just bought a 2007 red Bandit. I'm from South Jersey.

Offline stocksj

• New user!
« Reply #662 on: August 08, 2008, 07:44:50 AM »
I bought a black 08 with ABS. I haven't ridden a "sporty" type bike like this since my 82 KZ750 25 years ago. This much different from riding a cruiser. THis bike kicks a$$.

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #663 on: August 08, 2008, 10:30:16 AM »
Welcome Darkcloud, aren't you on the Suzuki Owner's Club forum too?  Good to see you here.  More bandit discussion goin' on here.

I'll have to agree with stocksj, even though mine doesn't have the ABS its the blue '08.  Be warned, though, those stock tires will probably only get you about 4000 - 4200 miles.  I just mounted up a set of Michelin's to replace them.  So, be savin' up as they say down here.
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline Darkcloud

• Board Regular!
« Reply #664 on: August 08, 2008, 09:46:17 PM »
Just got back from a ride. Bandit is so different from my Harley. Yes I'm on the other forum also.

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #665 on: August 09, 2008, 01:26:40 AM »
Well, do you miss the Harley?  I've always wondered.  A Buddy of mine who lives some distance away offered to let me ride his Fat boy. I declined because it's so expensive.  I didn't want wrecking his bike on my conscience. 
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline Darkcloud

• Board Regular!
« Reply #666 on: August 09, 2008, 09:17:44 AM »
I'm not sure if I miss the Harley yet. I'll let you know in a couple of months.

Well, do you miss the Harley?  I've always wondered.  A Buddy of mine who lives some distance away offered to let me ride his Fat boy. I declined because it's so expensive.  I didn't want wrecking his bike on my conscience. 

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #667 on: August 09, 2008, 01:16:06 PM »
 :welcome: Welcome Guys  :welcome:

I hope you find the site a usefull and friendly as I do. A great bunch of guys and girls here.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline skibum

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #668 on: August 16, 2008, 08:15:46 PM »
Hi everybody,

I'm David and I live in the Lakes Region of central New Hampshire.  I've owned my '93 B4 since it was new.  I've considered selling at few times through the years but can never quite bring myself to pull that trigger.  Recently, I have come to the conclusion that I will never sell another motorcycle again since every time I have, it's turned out to be a mistake.  So going forward, I'm only going to add to the collection.  Highlights of the stable include the B4, a early Honda CB400F, a fairly heavily modified '77 Yamaha RD400, A Yamaha TD1 vintage racer project, and my wife's restored '83 Kawasaki 305GPz.

Mods to the Bandit include a Sargent seat, Yoshimura pipe, Factory jet kit, K&N air filter, SBS pads front and rear, braided stainless brake lines front and rear, Race Tech Gold Valve (working on install), EBC Contour rotors, chrome bar end mirrors, Avon rubber, and a Wilber shock with remote reservoir (just purchased and anxiously awaiting.......thanks Ari).

So, in short, I'm very happy to have found this place.  It's good to know there are others afflicted with the same sickness that I have.  Anybody from around this area (or anyone who manages to visit), look me up and we'll go for a ride.  I know some great twisties through the White Mountains.  :motorsmile:
I'm having fun.  Are you having fun?  I'm having fun.

Offline eaglemike

• New user!
« Reply #669 on: August 17, 2008, 01:51:09 AM »
Hi all! I picked up a black 1250 ABS this afternoon from LA Cyclesports. I live in San Diego. I've owned several of the big Suzuli's in the past, but never a Bandit. Past rides include an 1100 Kat, 1982 1100E. I still have a (parked) '83 1100ES, and a couple of very early GS1000's, which I'm planning to restore. I'm recovering from a separated shoulder and broken ribs (crash on another bike) so it'll be a few days before I can put miles on the new bike. It was the last 1250ABS I could locate in SoCal, so I wanted to beat the '09 wait and potential price increase. Thanks to all that contribute, and to the forum owner and staff!

all the best,

Mike

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #670 on: August 17, 2008, 10:16:12 AM »
Welcome, Mike and skibum!   :welcome:

Well, You'll find lots-o-suggestions here.  The usual, and the not so usual.  Have fun on the bike, and make sure you recover first.   :bandit:
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline 303LURCH

• New user!
« Reply #671 on: August 17, 2008, 01:34:22 PM »
Hello fellow riders,

I've been a lurker here for a while and all your posts have really helped me with the bike.  I picked up a 97 Bandit 1200 sv in April and have been lovin life with it.  I've ridden on and off throughout my life (mainly dirt/trail) and I've got to say the Bandit ended up being a great all round choice for me on the street. 
James
97 Bandit GSF 1200 SV

Offline StuFish

• New user!
« Reply #672 on: August 25, 2008, 05:14:33 PM »
Hello all,

I'm new here to the board. I'm based out of Lansing, MI 

I currently have a 2002 B12S with Holeshot goodies.

I've been riding street bikes since 1996, and I've not refilled my prescription for Prozac since. :grin:

There is a lot of good information on this site, so I decided to join.

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to holler at me.

Thanks
-StuFish-
2002 B12

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #673 on: August 25, 2008, 05:22:21 PM »
 :welcome:
How long have you had your B12?
Got any pics?
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline StuFish

• New user!
« Reply #674 on: August 25, 2008, 05:46:14 PM »
I bought it used in the summer of 2005. (traded my '96 Magna and some cash for it)

I've got pics' of it after I low sided the left hander before KillBoy corner, but none since I've repaired it. (and that was back in '06)

I'll snap a few and get them up.

While I'm thinking of it, is there anything special I need to do to get them up on this site?
(ie. host them on Photobucket or something?)

-StuFish-

2002 B12